From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
Scanners (1981, Canada) is a Sci-Fi-Horror film directed by David Cronenberg.
- Contents: Film Review | Poster Art | Blu Ray | Available DVDs | Soundtrack| Watch Trailer
- Featured in: Trailer Trauma 3: 80s Horrorthon (BluRay) | Drive In Delirium: Maximum 80s Overdrive (BluRay) | Terror in The Aisles
- More Body Horror by David Cronenberg: The Brood | Rabid | Shivers | Videodrome
- Included in: October Horrorthon Blu Ray Picks
- Released in 1981
- Runtime: 103 min
- Production Co: Canadian Film Development Corporation (CFDC) | Filmplan | Victor Solnicki Productions
- Distribution Co: Astral Films (Canada) (theatrical) | AVCO Embassy Pictures (USA) (theatrical) | Ciné Paris Distribution (France) (theatrical) | Transcontinental Film (Sweden) (theatrical)
- Written and Directed by David Cronenberg
- Starring: Jennifer O'Neill, Stephen Lack, Patrick McGoohan
- Produced by Pierre David, Claude Héroux, Victor Solnicki
- Original Music by Howard Shore
- Cinematography by Mark Irwin (Director of photography)
- Film Editing by Ronald Sanders
- A scientist trains a man with an advanced telepathic ability called "scanning", to stop a dangerous Scanner with extraordinary psychic powers from waging war against non scanners.
Also Known As
- Kontrolori (Serbia) | Scanners - Ihre Gedanken können töten (West Germany) | Scanners - Sua Mente Pode Destruir (Brazil) | Scanners - dödande tanke (Finland) (Swedish title) | Scanners - tappava ajatus (Finland) | Scanners 1 - Sua Mente Pode Destruir (Brazil) (video title) | Scanners: Su solo pensamiento podía matar (Spain) | Telekinesis (Mexico) | Telepathy 2000 (undefined)
- There are 4 billion people on earth. 237 are Scanners. They have the most terrifying powers ever created... and they are winning.
- Their thoughts can kill!
- 10 Seconds: The Pain Begins. 15 Seconds: You Can't Breathe. 20 Seconds: You Explode.