From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
Videodrome (1983, Canada) is a Body Horror film directed by David Cronenberg
- Contents: Film Review | Blu Ray | Available DVDs
- Fun Facts | Soundtrack | Poster Art
- Featured in: Trailer Trauma 3: 80s Horrorthon (BluRay) | Terror in The Aisles
- Featured on: TCM Underground
- Released in 1983
- Running Time: 87 min | USA: 89 min (unrated version)
- Aspect Ratio: (1.85:1)
- Production Co: Canadian Film Development Corporation (CFDC) | Famous Players | Filmplan | Guardian Trust Company | Victor Solnicki Productions
- Distribution Co: Universal Pictures (USA) | S.N. Prodis (France)
- Directed by David Cronenberg
- Written by David Cronenberg
- Starring James Woods, Sonja Smits, Deborah Harry, Peter Dvorsky, and Leslie Carlson
- Produced by Claude Héroux
- Original Music by Howard Shore
- Cinematography by Mark Irwin
- Film Editing by Ronald Sanders
- A programmer at a TV station that specializes in adult entertainment searches for the producers of a dangerous and bizarre broadcast.
Also Known As
- Vidéodrome (Canada/France) (French title)
- Experiência Alucinante (Portugal)
- Network of Blood (Canada) (working title)
- Videodrom (Serbia)
- Videodrome - - förgängelsens vapen (Finland) (Swedish title)
- Videodrome - tuhon ase (Finland)
- Zonekiller (Canada) (English title)
- From David Cronenberg, Creator of 'Scanners'.
- First it controlled her mind, then it destroyed her body... Long live the new flesh!
- First it controls your mind...then it destroys your body
- A shocking new vision.
- A vision of enormous physical impact!
- A terrifying new weapon.