Girls on the Loose
From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
- Released in 1958
- B & W
- Running Time: 77 Min.
- Production Co: Jewell Enterprises Inc.
- Distribution Co: Universal Pictures (1958) (USA) (theatrical)
- Directed by Paul Henreid
- Written by Alan Friedman, Julian Harmon, Dorothy Raison, Allen Rivkin
- Starring: Mara Corday, Barbara Bostock, Peter Mark Richman, Joyce Barker, Lita Milan
- Produced by Edward B. Barison, Richard Kay, Harry Rybnick
- Original Music by Henry Mancini
- Cinematography by Philip H. Lathrop
- Film Editing by Edward Curtiss
- Girl gangs that stop at nothing!
Vera (Mara Corday) runs a nightclub that's really a front for her secret operation: an all-female crime ring that's been pulling off heist after heist. The gang does a major job with the help of Agnes (Abby Dalton), a new recruit and insider with access to a bank's payroll. But then the nervous Agnes threatens to squeal, so Vera has her rubbed out. And when Vera's good-girl sister, Helen (Barbara Bostock), starts dating suspicious policeman Bill (Mark Richman), Vera gets really cutthroat. (IMDb)