Within the Woods/Fun Facts
From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
< Within the WoodsRevision as of 20:31, 16 May 2020 by JKData
Revision as of 20:31, 16 May 2020 by JKData
- During the making of this film, Bruce Campbell never took off his monster make-up and, when shooting ended, he discovered that his face had started to resemble the shape of the make-up.
- The film was publicly released once, shortly after it was made, and featured before late night performances of The Rocky Horror Picture Show (1975) in a Detroit theater. Due to not having rights to the music, director/writer Sam Raimi and Campbell donated the film's entire gross of less than $20 to the American Cancer Society.
- Was slated to be released in April of 2002 as a special feature on Anchor Bay's "Book of the Dead" DVD release of The Evil Dead (1981), but it was withheld at the last minute due to problems with royalties for the music used in the short. This problem has prevented it from being given a release in any format.
- Many of the suspense setups used in the short were later recycled by Sam Raimi and used again in The Evil Dead (1981) and Evil Dead II (1987).
- Made by Sam Raimi, Rob Tapert and Bruce Campbell to try and generate funding for their full-length film "The Book of the Dead" (later renamed The Evil Dead (1981)).
- After Bruce bites his hand off, the music that plays is a sample from the track "The Shark Approaches" from the soundtrack to Jaws.