What's The Matter With Helen
From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
Revision as of 12:47, 7 December 2016 by Peter
- Released in 1971
- Running Time: 101 Min
- Production Co: Filmways Pictures, Raymax Productions
- Distribution Co: United Artists
- Directed by Curtis Harrington
- Written by Henry Farrell
- Starring Debbie Reynolds, Shelley Winters, Dennis Weaver, Agnes Moorehead, Micheál MacLiammóir, Robbi Morgan
- Produced by George Edwards, Edward S. Feldman, James C. Pratt
- Music by David Raksin
- Cinematography by Lucien Ballard
- Edited by William Reynolds
- So you met someone and now you know how it feels. Goody Goody.
After their sons are convicted of homicide in a highly publicized trial, Midwesterners Adelle (Debbie Reynolds) and Helen (Shelley Winters) begin receiving threatening phone calls and decide to begin their lives anew in Hollywood, Calif. They open a dance school for young girls, and, while the business succeeds, their troubles continue. Helen becomes dangerously neurotic and increasingly clings to Adelle, who longs to marry the wealthy parent (Dennis Weaver) of one of her students.