The Headless Ghost
From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
- Released in 1959 | B & W
- Running Time: 62 Min.
- Production Co: Carmel Productions | Merton Park Studios
- Distribution Co: American International Pictures (AIP) (1959) (USA) (theatrical)
- Directed by Peter Graham Scott
- Written by Herman Cohen, Aben Kandel
- Starring Richard Lyon, Liliane Sottane, David Rose, Jack Allen
- Produced by Herman Cohen
- Original Music by Gerard Schurmann
- Cinematography by John Wiles
- Film Editing by Bernard Gribble
- HEAD-HUNTING TEENAGERS LOST IN THE HAUNTED CASTLE!
Producer Herman Cohen was making Horrors of the Black Museum in England for AIP. James H. Nicholson from AIP requested a second film in order to make a double feature; it had to be made cheaply and in black and white. Cohen: I told him I'd see what I could come up with. I started thinking, 'What the hell can I do?", and I thought maybe I should do a comedy....In fact, we started Headless Ghost as I was still finishing Black Museum, editing and cutting it. But I honestly don't recall too much else about this picture, it was so bad. The film was shot at the same studio as Horror of the Black Museum with some additional location work at an actual castle. (Wikipedia)