The Beast Must Die/Fun Facts
From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
< The Beast Must Die
- Marlene Clark was dubbed by Annie Ross.
- According to director Paul Annett the role of Caroline Newcliffe was intended for Shirley Bassey. However she proved unavailable and Marlene Clark was hired at the suggestion of Calvin Lockhart.
- This is the first movie in which a dog actually tackles and fights a werewolf. The more famous example is Eric Red's Bad Moon (1996), but this is the first. Sadly, the dog-character dies; the actual dog lived a long life, happily.
- Robert Quarry was originally slated to play the lead, but at the last minute the film's producers went with Calvin Lockhart instead in order to capitalize on the then hot blaxploitation craze.
- Featured a Werewolf Break, which gave the audience the chance to figure out who was the werewolf.