Ordered to Love
From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
Ordered to Love (Lebensborn) (1961, West Germany) is a Nazi-Sex-War film directed by Werner Klingler.
- Contents: Poster Art
- Released on January 13, 1961
- Running time: 87 minutes (91 minutes - USA)
- Production Co.: Alfa Film
- Distribution Co.: Deutsche Filmvertriebs-Gemeinschaft (DFG) (1961) (West Germany) (theatrical)
- Directed by Werner Klingler
- Written by Will Berthold and Heinz Oskar Wuttig, from Berthold's book
- Starring: Maria Perschy, Joachim Hansen, Harry Meyen
- The notorious Nazi "breeding" camps provide the basis for this dark drama that centers upon one of the women selected to participate in the program designed to produce a master race. The men are selected from SS agents and soldiers. While there, the woman falls in love with a man posing as an SS agent to avoid execution. She also finds herself the object of the camp commandant's affections. Eventually she and the phony agent try to flee to Switzerland, but en route, he is killed, and she is only spared because she is pregnant. Her baby is soon killed after it is born, but during a bombing raid, the woman manages to escape.
- The picture that dares tell the story of... Hitler's depraved experiment in human breeding
- Suppressed until now! Teen-age girls forced to submit in secret Nazi mating camps.