Horrors of Spider Island/Fun Facts
From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
- First released in the United States in 1962, as an Adults-Only movie titled "It's Hot in Paradise." Three years later, trimmed of its nude scenes, it was re-released in the U.S. as a horror/sci-fi monster film, "Horrors of Spider Island".
- This German-language film was dubbed into English for North American release, and although Egyptian-born, European-raised star Alexander D'Arcy spoke fluent English, his lines were dubbed by an unknown American actor.
- The film was refused a UK cinema certificate in 1960, as "Horrors of Spider Island." It was eventually released on DVD, uncut, in 2010.
- Included in Elvira's (Cassandra Peterson) "Something Weird" collection (seen on Comcast On Demand, Oct. 2006).
- Shortly after the film opens, Gary Webster (Alexander D'Arcy) pulls up in front of a building. The car he is driving is a 1958 Chevrolet Impala convertible. The car he almost backs into as he parks is a 1957 Ford, which appears to be the same car shown in the film's opening shot driving down a palm-tree-lined street.