From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
Revision as of 14:00, 8 July 2021 by Pete
- Contents: Watch Trailer | Film Review | Available DVDs | Blu Ray | Poster Art | Soundtrack | Fun Facts
- Included in: The Baadasssss Blaxploitation Top 20
- We Also Recommend: Dolemite Is My Name
- Links: IMDb
- Released in 1975
- Running Time: 90 Min.
- Production Co: Comedian Intl Enterprise Productions (C.I.E.)
- Distribution Co: Dimension Pictures (1975) (USA) (theatrical)
- Directed by D'urville Martin
- Written by Jerry Jones, Rudy Ray Moore
- Starring Rudy Ray Moore, Lady Reed, D'urville Martin
- Produced by Rudy Ray Moore
- Original Music by Arthur Wright
- Cinematography by Nicholas Josef von Sternberg
- Film Editing by Rex Lipton
- With his All-Girl Army of Kung Fu Killers.
- Bone-crushing, Skull-splitting, Brain-blasting ACTION!
- The hero of the hip-hop generation.
Dolemite is a 1975 blaxploitation feature film, and is also the name of its principal character, played by Rudy Ray Moore, who co-wrote the film and its soundtrack. Moore, who started his career as a stand-up comedian in the late 1960s, heard around that time a rhymed toast by a local homeless man about an urban hero named Dolemite, and decided to adopt the persona of Dolemite as an alter-ego in his act. He included the character on his 1970 debut album, Eat Out More Often, which reached the top 25 on the Billboard charts. He released several more comedy albums using this persona. (Wikipedia)