Document of The Dead
From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
Revision as of 00:03, 19 June 2021 by JKData
US BluRay (Synapse)
ROY FRUMKES CELEBRATION OF HORROR DIRECTOR GEORGE A. ROMERO GETS RE-EDITED, UPDATED AND RE-MASTERED! THE DEFINITIVE DOCUMENT OF THE DEAD IS AN ALL-NEW VERSION OF THE CLASSIC MAKING OF PROJECT BASED ON 1978's DAWN OF THE DEAD!
George A. Romero, director of the original NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD, is one of the horror genre's most celebrated filmmakers. Roy Frumkes amazing 1978 documentary DOCUMENT OF THE DEAD was an intimate look at Romero s creative process, with an outstanding collection of interviews, effects demonstrations (courtesy of make-up artist, Tom Savini) and behind-the-scenes footage from the classic horror film, DAWN OF THE DEAD. This newly re-edited and re-mastered 2012 version of the award-winning documentary contains all-new exclusive material including additional interviews with Romero's family and friends, candid on-set footage from TWO EVIL EYES, LAND OF THE DEAD, DIARY OF THE DEAD, SURVIVAL OF THE DEAD and many more surprises!
THE DEFINITIVE DOCUMENT OF THE DEAD is a loving portrait of a horror legend, and a must-see for any hardcore horror fan! The release contains a DVD of the new version of THE DEFINITIVE DOCUMENT OF THE DEAD (along with the new commentary), as well as a Blu-ray of the ORIGINAL 66 minute 16mm 1979 version of DOCUMENT OF THE DEAD, created for educational use at The School of Visual Arts, remastered in high-definition. Also included in this limited edition combo is a fold-out poster, created by artist Wes Benscoter, of the new George A. Romero painting used on the cover art.
- Limited Edition
- Contains the new DVD version of The Definitive Document of the Dead, along with a high-definition Blu-ray of the original 1979 16mm version.
- A fold-out poster of the new George A. Romero painting used on the cover, created by Wes Benscoter
- Buy now: From Amazon.com
German BluRay (Nameless)
- Limited to 1000 copies, Mediabook
- All three versions of the documentary
- For the first time fully uncut in Germany
- German subtitles
- 20 page booklet
- Special features: New audio commentary with Roy Frumkes; original 1979 version; deleted footage; interview segments from the set of Two Evil Eyes;
- Release date: June 25, 2021