Cat in the Brain
From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
The printable version is no longer supported and may have rendering errors. Please update your browser bookmarks and please use the default browser print function instead.
Cat in the Brain (1990, Italy) is a Horror film about a horror film director who is stalked by a mad psychiatrist/serial killer bent on killing people to model the killings after the director's gory death scenes from his movies. Directed by Lucio Fulci.
- Released in 1990
- Running time: 87 min | 93 min. (U.S.)
- Production Co: Exclusive Cine TV
- Directed by Lucio Fulci
- Produced by Antonio Lucidi, Luigi Nannerini
- Screenplay by Lucio Fulci, Giovanni Simonelli, Antonio Tentori
- Starring: Lucio Fulci, Brett Halsey, Jeoffrey Kennedy, Malisa Longo, Ria De Simone, Sacha Darwin
- Music by Fabio Frizzi
- Cinematography by Alessandro Grossi
- Edited by Vincenzo Tomassi
Also Known As
- Un Gatto Nel Cervello
- Nightmare Concert
- The original script was 49 pages long and contained no dialogue. It consisted of descriptions of bodily mutilations/imagery and sound effects that would compliment them on screen.
- This film was refused a video classification in 1999 by the British Board of Film Classification, but was finally passed uncut with an '18' rating in mid-2003.
- The title is a play on Dr. Seuss' "The Cat in the Hat".
- Many events in the film are based on Lucio Fulci's experiences as a filmmaker.
- Was released in theaters unrated around the world because it was unable to obtain an R rating.