Wild in the Streets
From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
Wild in the Streets (1968, USA) is a Hippie film directed by Barry Shear.
- Contents: Watch Trailer | Film Review | Blu Ray | Available DVDs | Poster Art | Soundtrack
- Featured in: Drive In Delirium: Hi Def Hysteria - 60s & 70s Savagery (BluRay)
- Featured on: TCM Underground
- Included in: Psychedelicinema: The World of Hippie Exploitation
- Released in 1968
- Running Time: 94 min (USA)/ 91 min (Germany)
- Production and Distribution Co: American International Pictures
- Directed by Barry Shear
- Written by Robert Thom
- Starring: Shelley Winters, Christopher Jones, Diane Varsi
- Produced by Samuel Z. Arkoff, Jack W. Cash, William J. Immerman, James H. Nicholson, Burt Topper
- Original Music by Les Baxter
- Cinematography by Richard Moore
- Film Editing by Fred R. Feitshans Jr., Eve Newman
- A young man gains significant political influence as the leader of a counterculture rock band with his rallying cry of voting rights for teenagers.
- If you're thirty, you're through!
- This is the story of Max Frost, 24 years old...President of the United States...who created the world in his own image. To him, 30 is over the hill. 52% of the nation is under 25...and they've got the power. That's how he became President...it's perhaps the most unusual motion picture you will ever see!