Why Girls Leave Home
From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
Why Girls Leave Home (1945, USA) is a Crime-Drama-Musical-Romance film directed by William Berke.
- Contents: Poster Art | Fun Facts
- Released on October 9, 1945
- Running time; 69 minutes
- Production Co.: Production Releasing Corporation (PRC)
- Distribution Co.: Production Releasing Corporation | J.H. Hoffberg Company (1945) (USA) (theatrical) (Latin America) | Madison Pictures (1949) (USA) (theatrical) (re-release)
- Directed by William Berke
- Written by Fanya Foss and Bradford Ropes (screenplay), from a story by Fanya Foss
- Starring: Lola Lane, Sheldon Leonard, Pamela Blake
- A young woman leaves home and heads for the danger and excitement of a big city.
- FACTUAL! SENSATIONAL! REVEALING! (original print ad-all caps)
- The unvarnished truth about the thousands who trade family ties for flaming thrills!
- The VIOLENT, UNVARNISHED TRUTH about the scores of thousands of young girls who recklessly toss away home ties for a life of dangerous thrills!