What Ever Happened to Aunt Alice
From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
- Released in 1969
- Running Time: 101 Min
- Production Co: Palomar Pictures Corporation, The Associates & Aldrich Company
- Distribution Co: Cinerama Releasing Corporation (1969, original)
- Directed by Lee H. Katzin
- Produced by Robert Aldrich
- Written by Theodore Apstein, Ursula Curtiss (novel)
- Starring Geraldine Page, Ruth Gordon
- Music by Gerald Fried
- Cinematography by Joseph F. Biroc
- Edited by Frank J. Urioste
- What makes her garden grow...Wouldn't you like to know!
Claire Marrable (Geraldine Page) is a widow whose housekeepers have a mysteriously high turnover rate. When Marrable's most recent maid goes missing, the maid's former employer, Alice Dimmock (Ruth Gordon), takes the job to investigate the disappearance. With the help of her nephew (Robert Fuller), Alice discovers that the widow is responsible for the missing housekeepers and attempts to reveal Marrable's dark secrets -- before she disappears as well.