From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
- Klaus Kinski took his role in this movie over an offer to appear in Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981) because he was offered more money.
- Tobe Hooper quit because of "creative differences". The DOP also quit for the same reason after ten days of shooting.
- Replacement director Piers Haggard thought the Black Mamba was the nicest person on the set
- Sterling Hayden's final acting role in a theatrical film.
- Michael Gough's character, David Ball, is based on a real London Zoo Keeper who still lives in the UK (2006).
- Watch the credits. The snake leaves a little present for all who do so.