From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
Venom (1981, UK) is a Crime-Thriller film directed by Piers Haggard. It is primarily a hostage drama with an interesting twist: there is an unwanted house guest turning the incident into an even bigger complication.
- Contents: Available DVDs | BluRay | Poster Art | Fun Facts | BluRay/Film Review
- Featured in: Shock Festival
- Links: IMDb
- Released in 1981
- Running Time: 93 min | USA:92 min
- Production Co: Morison Film Group | Venom Productions Limited
- Distribution Co: Paramount Pictures (1982) (USA) (theatrical) | Union Générale Cinématographique (UGC) (1982) (France) (theatrical) | HandMade Films (1981) (UK) (theatrical)
- Directed by Piers Haggard, Tobe Hooper (replaced) (uncredited)
- Written by Robert Carrington, Alan Scholefield
- Starring Klaus Kinski, Oliver Reed, Susan George, Nicol Williamson, Sarah Miles, Sterling Hayden
- Produced by Harry Benn, Martin Bregman, Richard R. St. Johns, Louis A. Stroller
- Original Music by Michael Kamen
- Cinematography by Gilbert Taylor
- Film Editing by Michael Bradsell
Also known as
- Die schwarze Mamba (Germany)
- Veneno (Spain)
- The mystery of "The Birds", The danger of "Psycho", The evil of "The Omen", The terror of "Jaws", Now, the ultimate in suspense.
- Kidnappers terrify... black mamba's kill!
- The object of man's most ancient fear.