Under Construction: Things To Do
From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
The Grindhouse Cinema Database has many sections and articles that need to be edited/completed/added. This page lists the various sections that need the most work. The GCDb is committed to bringing online readers the most thorough information on the topics we cover. Our goal is to have a fully comprehensive wikipedia on classic-international exploitation & cult cinema. If you are a writer/enthusiast and would like to contribute to any of these areas, please contact us.
- Titles marked in bold are the most important at this time.
- Films: Our largest section. Reviews needed.
- DVD: Extensive section. DVD/Blu Ray reviews needed.
- Shaw Brothers Archives: Extensive section. More titles, reviews/DVD info
- Post-Apocalyptic: Titles/reviews. Article needed.
- Composers: The musicians behind the movie scores. These pages need biographies.
- Directors: Biographies/photos.
- Producers: More names/bios.
- Actors & Actresses: Legends of exploitation cinema. These pages need biographies added.
- Voiceover Artists: More names/bios needed.
- Writers: Bios, names.
- Movie Studios: More overviews.
- Religion: Religious exploitation films. Titles/reviews
- Nunsploitation Titles/reviews.
- Dykesploitation: A subgenre dealing with lesbian themes. More titles, genre article.
- WIP Films: Titles/reviews/article
- Macaroni Combat: More titles/reviews
- Character Profiles/Locations: Although not as important as other areas of the site, we would like to add more background information on fictional locations and characters who appear in classic exploitation films. (Recently added: Billy Jack)
These are the various exploitation genres/subgenres that we would like to provide in-depth articles for.
The Birth of Exploitation Cinema, Dykesploitation, Godzilla Films, Hixploitation, The History of Mexploitation, Nazisploitation, Nudies, Filipino Exploitation Cinema, Post-Apocalyptic Films, Religious Exploitation, Roadshows, Roughies, Slasher Films, Women In Prison.
We also welcome any ideas for other articles on subgenres and topics we might not have listed.