From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
The Pussycat Theater was located on Broadway near 49th, right across the street from the Circus Cinema. Originally built in the 1930's from the shell of a restaurant, the building was leased to the Trans Lux chain to show news reels. Trans Lux operated the theater up until the mid 1970's when it was taken over by Bryanston Pictures and renamed the Bryan West. After a criminal investigation the theater was briefly renamed the West before being taken over by the Pussycat group in the mid to late 70's. Both the Pussycat and the adjacent KittyKat theater were demolished in the late 80's to make way for a skyscraper.