The Oblong Box
From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
The Oblong Box (1969, UK) is a Horror film directed by Gordon Hessler.
- Contents: Watch Trailer | Film Review | Blu Ray | Press Kit | Poster Art | Fun Facts | Double-Feature DVD
- Released in 1969
- Runtime: 92 min (uncut PAL) / 97 min (uncut NTSC)
- Aspect Ratio: (1.85:1)
- Rated: PG
- Production and Distribution Co: American International Pictures (1969) (USA) (theatrical)
- Directed by Gordon Hessler
- Written by Lawrence Huntington, Christopher Wicking, based on the story by Edgar Allan Poe
- Starring: Vincent Price, Rupert Davies, Christopher Lee
- Produced by Pat Green, Gordon Hessler, Louis M. Heyward
- Original Music by Harry Robertson (as Harry Robinson)
- Cinematography by John Coquillon
- Film Editing by Max Benedict
- Aristocrat Julian Markham keeps his disfigured brother, Sir Edward, locked in a tower of his house. Sir Edward occasionally escapes and causes havoc around the town.
Also Known As
- Dance, Mephisto
- Die Todesmaske (Germany)
- Der Fluch des Dämon (Germany)
- Edgar Allan Poe's The Oblong Box
- Im Todesgriff der roten Maske (Germany)
- La Caja oblonga (Spain)
- Le Cercueil vivant (France)
- La Rossa maschera del terrore (Italy)
- For the first time... the classic tale of the restless dead and their unspeakable hungers!
- Edgar Allan Poe's Classic Tale Of The Living Dead!
- Edgar Allan Poe's Horror Classic!
- Some things are better left buried.