From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
The Mysterians (1957, Japan) is a Kaiju film directed by Ishirō Honda.
- Released in 1957
- Running Time: 89 min | Japan:88 min | USA:85 min
- Production Co: Toho Company
- Distribution Co: Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer (MGM) (1959) (USA) (theatrical) (dubbed)
- Directed by Ishirō Honda
- Written by Shigeru Kayama, Takeshi Kimura, Jojiro Okami
- Starring Kenji Sahara, Yumi Shirakawa, Momoko Kôchi, Akihiko Hirata
- Produced by Tomoyuki Tanaka
- Original Music by Akira Ifukube
- Cinematography by Hajime Koizumi
- Film Editing by Koichi Iwashita
Also Known As
- Weltraum-Bestien (Austria / Germany) | Aris enantion Gis (Greece) (reissue title) | Defence Force of the Earth | Earth Defense Force | Eisvoli apo ti Selini (Greece | Los Hijos del volcán (Spain) | Iptamenoi diskoi htypoun ti Gi (Greece) (reissue title) | Jorden anfalles (Sweden) | I Misteriani (Italy) | Mysterianie (Poland) | Phantom 7000 (Germany) | Prisonnière des Martiens (France)
- They come from another World...They want 3 kilometres of land-and...FIVE of your WOMEN!
- Space monsters invade the Earth!
- Join mankind's most treacherous battle for survival!
- From behind the moon they come... To invade the earth! Abduct its women! Level its cities.
- The Greatest Science-Fiction Picture Ever Conceived By the Mind of Man.