The Last House On The Left
From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
The Last House on the Left (1972, USA) is a Shocksploitation-Horror film directed by Wes Craven.
- Contents: Watch Trailer | Film Review | Available DVDs | Blu Ray | Comments | Poster Art | Press Kit | Fun Facts
- Included in: Quentin Tarantino's Top 20 | Depraved Delights: 20 Grindhouse Cinema Shockers | GCDb Top 20
- You Might Also Like: I Spit On Your Grave | Thriller: A Cruel Picture | Ms. 45
- Released in 1972 | Color
- Running Time: 84 min | USA:91 min (original cut) | USA:82 min (R-rated version) | Germany:64 min (heavily cut)
- Production Co: Lobster Enterprises | Sean S. Cunningham Films | The Night Co.
- Distribution Co: Hallmark Releasing Corp. (1972) (USA) (theatrical) | Atlas Film International GmbH (1972) (Germany) (theatrical) | Cinéma International Corporation (CIC) (1973) (Canada) (theatrical)
- Directed by Wes Craven
- Starring Sandra Cassel, Lucy Grantham, David Hess, Fred J. Lincoln, Jeramie Rain
- Produced by Sean S. Cunningham, Katherine D'Amato, Steve Dwork, Steve Miner
- Original Music by David Hess (as David Alexander Hess)
- Cinematography by Victor Hurwitz
- Film Editing by Wes Craven
Also Known As
- Last House on the Left | La Última casa a la izquierda (Spain) | La Dernière maison sur la gauche (France) | Grim Company (USA) (16mm release title) | Krug & Company (USA) (working title) | Krug and Company (Australia) (video title) | Mondo brutale (Germany) | Night of Vengeance (USA) (working title) | Ostatni dom po lewej stronie (Poland) | Pánico a medianoche (Argentina) | Sex Crime of the Century (USA) (working title) | L'Ultima casa a sinistra (Italy) | Ultraje al amanecer (Argentina) | Viasmos sto teleftaio spiti aristera (Greece)
- To avoid fainting, keep repeating "It's only a movie...It's only a movie..." | Mari, 17, is dying. Even for her the worst is yet to come. | It's just across the street from "Joe". | It rests on 13 acres of earth over the very center of hell...!