The Evil of Frankenstein/Fun Facts
From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
- When first shown on television in 1968, some theatrical scenes were replaced by less intense scenes filmed by another director and with extra actors included.
- Hammer stalwart Terence Fisher was originally slated to direct the film, but had to bow out after an automobile accident, leaving cameraman Freddie Francis at the helm.
- In The Curse of Frankenstein (1957), Hammer were barred from copying any details from the Universal films of the 1930s and '40s, including the famous monster make-up. This film, however, was distributed by Universal, and so Hammer had free rein to copy elements from the Universal franchise, most noticeably the creature's make-up and the laboratory sets.
- Howard Goorney is dubbed.