From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
- Released in 1978 | Color
- Runtime: 91 min
- Production Co: EMI Films | Twentieth Century-Fox Film Corporation
- Distribution Co: Twentieth Century-Fox Film Corporation (1978) (USA) (theatrical)
- Directed by Walter Hill
- Written by Walter Hill
- Starring: Ryan O'Neal, Bruce Dern, Isabelle Adjani, Ronee Blakley, Matt Clark, Felice Orlandi, Joseph Walshs, Rudy Ramos, Denny Macko, Frank Bruno.
- Produced by Lawrence Gordon, Frank Marshall
- Original Music by Michael Small
- Cinematography by Philip H. Lathrop (as Philip Lathrop)
- Film Editing by Tina Hirsch, Robert K. Lambert
- To break the driver the cop was willing to break the law.
The Driver is a 1978 crime thriller film written and directed by Walter Hill, starring Ryan O'Neal, Bruce Dern, and Isabelle Adjani. Based upon similarities in plot elements, it is heavily influenced by Jean-Pierre Melville's film Le Samouraï. The film is also notable for its impressive car chases, its no-frills style of filmmaking, and its rarely speaking, unnamed titular character. (Wikipedia)