The Dion Brothers
From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
- Contents: Film Review | Poster Art | Fun Facts | Press Kit
- Featured in: Trailer Trauma 5: '70s Action Attack (BluRay)
- Released in 1974
- Running Time: 94 Min.
- Production Co: Tomorrow Entertainment
- Distribution Co: Columbia Pictures (1974) (USA) (theatrical)
- Directed by Jack Starrett
- Written by Bill Kerby, Terrence Malick (as David Whitney)
- Starring: Stacy Keach, Frederic Forrest, Margot Kidder, Barry Primus, Richard Romanus
- Produced by Jonathan T. Taplin
- Original Music by Fred Karlin
- Cinematography by Enrique Bravo, Gerald Hirschfeld
- Film Editing by John C. Horger
Also Known As
- The Gravy Train
- A movie about getting rich
- Looting, pilfering, plundering, robbing, and generally having the time of their lives.
- If You Got Nothin', You Got Nothin' To Lose.
The Dion Brothers is a fast-moving action-comedy about two West Virginia hick brothers: Calvin (Stacy Keach) and Rut (Frederic Forrest) who start to develop a fondness for crime. The two begin planning robberies around the Washington D.C. area with the help of their small time hood buddies. This film has some truly outrageous sequences of destruction and mayhem.