- Released on July 5, 1975
- Running time: 152 minutes
- Production Co.: Toei Studios
- Distribution Co.: Constantin Film (1976) (West Germany) (theatrical) | Gaumont (1976) (France) (theatrical) | Imperial Filmes (1979) (Portugal) (theatrical) | International Classics (1976) (USA) (theatrical) | National Film Development Corporation (1979) (India) (theatrical) | Toei Company (1975) (Japan) (theatrical)
- Directed by Jun'ya Satô
- Produced by Kanji Amao, Sunao Sakagami
- Written by Ari Katō, Screenplay by Ryūnosuke Ono, Junya Satō
- Starring Ken Takakura, Sonny Chiba, Ken Utsui
- Music by Hachirō Aoyama
- Cinematography by Masahiko Iimura
- Edited by Osamu Tanaka
- Criminals plant a bomb on a high-speed train. It will explode when the train slows down, unless a ransom is paid.
- They said it couldn't happen... But for 1500 passengers Bullet Train 109 became a nightmare journey that just couldn't be stopped!