From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
- Contents: Watch Trailer | Film Review | Available DVDs | Poster Art | Press Kit
- Featured in: 42nd Street Forever: Vol. 5
- Released in 1976 | Color
- Running Time: 87 Min.
- Production Co: Nippon-American Productions
- Distribution Co: Aquarius Releasing (1976) (USA) (theatrical) (recut version with added footage) (dubbed) | Teitel Amusement (1976) (USA: Midwest) (theatrical) (recut version with added footage) (dubbed) | Danton Films (1978) (Canada) (theatrical) (dubbed)
- Directed by Tatsuichi Takamori, Simon Nuchtern
- Starring Sonny Chiba, Sue Shihomi
- Produced by Terry Levene, Susumu Yoshikawa
- Original Music by Maurice Sarli
- Cinematography by Joel Shapiro
Also Known As
- Kiba, o aetos pou gremise ton Bruce Lee (Greece) | The Bodyguard (USA) (recut version) | Viva Chiba the Bodyguard
- Sonny Chiba, hired to kill... If his kick doesn't get you... his fatal fist will!
"Karate master and anti-drug vigilante Chiba returns to his home in Japan, where he holds a press conference announcing his intention to wipe out the nation's drug industry. He also offers his services as a bodyguard to anyone who is willing to come forward and provide information about the drug lords' activities. He is soon approached by a mysterious woman claiming to have important information and asking for Chiba's protection. She seems to be legitimate, but is she really what she appears to be?" (Wikipedia)