The Black Cat 1981
From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
The Black Cat (1981, Italy) is a Horror film directed by Lucio Fulci.
- Contents: Film Review | Available DVDs | BluRay | Fun Facts | Press Kit
- Featured in: Edgar Allan Poe's Black Cats: Two Adaptations by Sergio Martino & Lucio Fulci
- Released in 1981
- Runtime: 92 min
- Aspect Ratio: (2.35:1)
- Rated: R
- Production Co: Italian International Film | Selenia Cinematografica
- Distribution Co: Italian International Film (1981) (Italy) (theatrical) | P.M Productions (1983) (France) (theatrical) | World Northal (1984) (USA) (theatrical) (dubbed)
- Directed by Lucio Fulci
- Written by Lucio Fulci, Biagio Proietti
- Starring: Patrick Magee, Mimsy Farmer, David Warbeck
- Produced by Giulio Sbarigi
- Original Music by Pino Donaggio
- Cinematography by Sergio Salvati
- Film Editing by Vincenzo Tomassi
- A professor with the psychic ability to communicate with the dead uses his powers on his pet cat in order to take vengeance upon his enemies.
Also Known As
- Il Gatto nero (Italy)
- Le Chat noir (France)
- The Black Cat - Die Schwarze Katze (Germany)
- Flesh Ripping Felines!
- When you hear this cat breathing down your neck...start praying...before you finish your Amen...you're dead!