The Best of Trailers From Hell! Volume 1
From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
Trailers--you know, those fast-paced 2-to-4 minute theatrical promo shorts that have preceded the Feature Attraction since the dawn of sound? An exciting montage of all The Best Parts of a movie the exhibitors want you to NEED to see! Full of swirling letters screaming hyperbolic promises of THRILLS! ACTION! MYSTERY! ROMANCE! Packing all the highlights of a whole picture into its own mini-movie in just a few minutes!
THE BEST FROM TRAILERS FROM HELL!, Volume 1 showcases the cream of the award-winning website series, concentrating on promos for horror, science fiction and fantasy films which viewers can watch both as originally intended or accompanied by pithy commentary by Trailers from Hell Gurus: Joe Dante (Gremlins), John Landis (An American Werewolf in London), Mick Garris (The Stand), Eli Roth (Cabin Fever) and Edgar Wright (Shaun of the Dead).
- Joe Dante: CURSE OF FRANKENSTEIN, THE TINGLER, BLOOD AND ROSES, and EARTH VS. FLYING SAUCERS
- John Landis: CURSE OF THE WEREWOLF, GREEN SLIME, PRIVATE PARTS and MIGHTY JOE YOUNG
- Mick Garris: RABID, THE VALLEY OF GWANGI, HORRORS OF THE BLACK MUSEUM and SCREAM AND SCREAM AGAIN
- Eli Roth: SQUIRM, THE BIRDS, 3 ON A MEATHOOK and FORBIDDEN PLANET
- Edgar Wright: PHANTOM OF THE PARADISE, CORRUPTION, THE SENTINEL and SILENT RUNNING