The 10th Victim
From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
The 10th Victim (1965, Italy/France) is a Science Fiction film directed by Elio Petri
- Released in 1965
- Running time: 92 minutes
- Production Co: C.C. Champion/Les Films Concordia
- Distribution Co: Interfilm (1965) (Italy) (theatrical) (dubbed)/Embassy Pictures (1965) (USA) (theatrical) (dubbed and subtitled) (as 'The 10th Victim')/Inter-Verleih Film-Gesellschaft (1966) (West Germany) (theatrical)/Planet Film Distributors (1966) (UK) (theatrical)/Anglo Embassy (1966) (UK) (theatrical)/Selecciones Fuster (José Fuster Candel) (1977) (Spain) (theatrical)
- Directed by Elio Petri
- Produced by Carlo Ponti
- Screenplay by Tonino Guerra, Giorgio Salvioni, Ennio Flaiano, Elio Petri, Mickey Knox (English dialogue) Robert Sheckley
- Starring Marcello Mastroianni, Ursula Andress, Elsa Martinelli, Salvo Randone
- Narrated by Jacques Herlin
- Music by Piero Piccioni
- Cinematography Gianni Di Venanzo
- Edited by Ruggero Mastroianni
- In the 21st Century, where a human vs. human "Big Hunt" is used as an alternative to war, a veteran huntress agrees to kill a "victim" to get a major TV sponsorship deal, but romantic entanglements between the two complicate matters.
- It's the 21st century and they have a licence to kill.
- It's murderously funny!
- The Fun Lies Dead Ahead!
- She'd love to kill him - and kill... to love him!