From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
(Redirected from Superfly)
- Contents: Watch Trailer | Film Review | Blu Ray | DVD | Poster Art | Press Kit | Fun Facts | Soundtrack
- Featured in: TCM Underground
- Included in: The Baadasssss Blaxploitation Top 20
- More from Sig Shore: That's the Way of the World
- Released in 1972
- Running Time 93 Min.
- Production Co: Sig Shore Productions | Superfly Ltd. | Warner Bros. Pictures
- Distribution Co: Warner Bros. Pictures (1972) (USA) (theatrical)
- Directed by Gordon Parks Jr.
- Written by Phillip Fenty
- Starring: Ron O'Neal, Carl Lee, Sheila Frazier, Julius Harris
- Produced by Sig Shore
- Original Music by Curtis Mayfield
- Cinematography by James Signorelli
- Film Editing by Bob Brady
Also Known As
- Odlot (Poland)
- Superfly - alamaailman kuningas (Finland)
- Never a dude like this one! He's got a plan to stick it to The Man!
- All He Needed Was One Last Deal...
Super Cool Info
This film is known for its soundtrack, written and produced by soul singer Curtis Mayfield (see Super Fly (soundtrack). Super Fly is one of the few films ever to have been outgrossed by its soundtrack. Leading man O'Neal reprised his role as Youngblood Priest and directed a sequel to the film that was released a year later in 1973, Super Fly T.N.T. Super Fly producer Sig Shore directed a second sequel in 1990, The Return of Superfly