From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
- Released in 1979 | Color
- Running Time: 103 Min.
- Production Co: Compass International Pictures
- Distribution Co: United Artists
- Directed by Mark L. Lester
- Written by Irwin Yablans & Barry Schneider
- Starring Linda Blair, Jim Bray, Beverley Garland, Roger Perry, James Van Patten, Kimberley Beck, Mark Goddard
- Produced by Bruce Cohn Curtis
- Original Music by Bob Esty & Craig Safan
- Cinematography by Dean Cundey
- Film Editing by Byron Brandt, Edilberto Cruz & Edward Salier
- It’s love on wheels!
Roller Boogie is a 1979 musical film starring Linda Blair and introducing Jim Bray, a former competitive artistic skater from California. The film also stars Beverly Garland, Mark Goddard, and Kimberly Beck, and is directed by Mark L. Lester. The film is set in the Venice, Los Angeles, California area at the height of the roller skating fad. Two characters, Bobby James (Bray) and Terry Barkley (Blair), fall in love while boogie skating to disco music. Along the way they must thwart a powerful mobster who wants the land their favorite roller rink sits on and compete in the Boogie Contest. The film received mostly negative reviews during its theatrical release but in recent years has become a cult classic and a time capsule of the Disco genre. (Wikipedia)