Rock 'n' Roll High School
From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
- Released in 1979 | Color
- Running Time: 93 Min.
- Production Co: New World Pictures
- Distribution Co: New World Pictures (1979) (USA) (theatrical)
- Directed by Allan Arkush, Joe Dante (uncredited), Jerry Zucker (uncredited)
- Written by Richard Whitley, Russ Dvonch, Joseph McBride, Allan Arkush, Joe Dante
- Starring PJ Soles, The Ramones, Vincent Van Patten, Clint Howard, Dey Young, Mary Woronov
- Produced by Roger Corman, Michael Finnell
- Cinematography by Dean Cundey
- Film Editing by Larry Bock, Gail Werbin
Also Known As
- Disco High - USA (working title)
- Hey ho, Let's go! | Will your school be NEXT?
Set in 1980, Vince Lombardi High School keeps losing principals to nervous breakdowns because of the students' love of rock 'n' roll and their disregard for education. Their leader, Riff Randell (P. J. Soles), is the biggest Ramones fan at Vince Lombardi High School. She waits in line for three days to get tickets to see the band, hoping to meet Joey Ramone so she can give him a song she wrote for the band, "Rock 'n' Roll High School". When Principal Togar (Mary Woronov) takes her ticket away, Riff and her best friend Kate Rambeau (Dey Young) have to find another way to meet their heroes—by winning a radio contest. (Wikipedia)