Planet of The Vampires/Fun Facts
From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
- This was the film on which Mario Bava's son, Lamberto Bava, began his career as his father's assistant. Lamberto would latter become a director himself.
- This film had more then 15 titles before it was decided to be Planet of the Vampires.
- German Import DVD has a Super-8 Version (German language only), as a special feature on the disc.
- Director Mario Bava used the mirror-based Schufftan Process to combine live action with miniatures and thereby avoiding the costly matte/optical printing techniques.
- In 1965, American International Pictures distributed this film, dubbed in English and titled "Planet of the Vampires", on a double bill with Die, Monster, Die! (1965).