Phantom of the Opera
From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
Phantom of the Opera (1962, UK) is a Horror film directed by Terence Fisher
- Synopsis: Terror strikes the London Opera House as a new opera is disrupted by the actions of a deformed specter of the show's past who has an obsession with one of the production's chorus girl.
- Contents: Watch Trailer | Blu Ray | Available DVDs | Fun Facts
- Released in 1962
- Running time: 84 minutes
- Production Co: Hammer Film Productions
- Distribution Co: J. Arthur Rank Film Distributors (UK) | Universal Pictures (USA)
- Directed by Terence Fisher
- Produced by Anthony Hinds, Basil Keys
- Written by John Elder, Gaston Leroux (novel)
- Starring Herbert Lom, Heather Sears, Edward de Souza, Michael Gough
- Music by Edwin Astley
- Cinematography by Arthur Grant
- Edited by Alfred Cox
- Out of the hell-fire of horror unimaginable rises the figure of terror incarnate!
- The most unusual tale of terror - and love - ever told!
- He hid behind a face that was not his - until her beauty stripped away his curtain of evil... his mask of HORROR!
- Driven by HATE to live behind a mask of horror. Driven by LOVE to steal the beauty the world denied him!
- BENEATH HIS MASK...the Grotesque Face of Horror Unimaginable! INSIDE HIS HEART...the Desperate Desire for Beauty and Love!
- The Greatest THRILL CLASSIC of All Time!