Phantom of The Paradise
From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
Phantom of The Paradise (1974, USA) is a Rock n' Roll-Horror-Comedy cult film directed by Brian DePalma.
- Contents: Film Review | Article by Pete R. | Trailer | DVDs | Blu Ray | Poster Art | Press Kit | Soundtrack | Fun Facts
- Featured in: Terror in The Aisles
- For Phantom Phans: Phantom of Winnipeg | THE SWAN ARCHIVES
- Released in 1974
- Running Time: 92 Min.
- Production Co: Harbor Productions
- Distribution Co: Twentieth Century-Fox Film Corporation (1974) (USA) (theatrical) | Fox-MGM Film (1975) (Sweden) (theatrical) | Fox-Lira (1975) (France) (theatrical)
- Directed by Brian DePalma
- Written by Brian DePalma
- Starring: William Finley, Jessica Harper, Paul Williams, Gerrit Graham, George Memmoli
- Produced by Michael Arciaga, Gustave M. Berne, Jeffrey L. Hayes, Paul Lewis, Edward R. Pressman, Lynn Raymond, Bill Scott
- Original Music by Paul Williams
- Cinematography by Larry Pizer
- Film Editing by Paul Hirsch
- A disfigured composer sells his soul for the woman he loves so that she will perform his music. However, an evil record tycoon betrays him and steals his music to open his rock palace, The Paradise.
Also Known As
- A Paradicsom fantomja (Hungary)
- Aavemusa (Finland)
- Le Fantôme du paradis (Canada) (French title)
- Il Fantasma del palcoscenico (Italy)
- El Fantasma del paraíso (Spain)
- O Fantasma do Paraíso (Brazil)
- Phantom (USA) (working title)
- Das Phantom im Paradies (Germany)
- Phantom of the Fillmore (USA) (working title)
- The music made him do it!
- He's been maimed and framed, beaten, robbed and mutilated. But they still can't keep him from the woman he loves.
- The Most Highly Acclaimed Horror Phantasy Of Our Time.
- He Sold His Soul for Rock 'n' Roll