- Released in 1976
- Running Time: 102 Min.
- Production Co: Mad Dog | Motion Picture Productions
- Distribution Co: Z (1976) (Australia) (theatrical) | Cinema Shares International Distribution (1976) (USA) (theatrical) | Succéfilm AB (Sweden) (theatrical)
- Directed by Philippe Mora
- Written by Margaret Carnegie, Philippe Mora
- Starring Dennis Hopper, Jack Thompson, David Gulpilil, Frank Thring, Michael Pate
- Produced by Richard Brennan, Jeremy Thomas
- Original Music by Patrick Flynn
- Cinematography by Mike Molloy
- Film Editing by John Scott
- The true story of Irish outlaw Daniel Morgan, who is wanted, dead or alive, in Australia during the 1850s.
Also Known As
- Hullu koira (Finland)
- Mad Dog
- Mad Dog - Der Rebell (Germany)
- In the autumn of 1865 the unique and notorious desperado, bushranger Dan Morgan, crossed the Murray River from New South Wales into Victoria to do battle with the law for the last time. What happened has been a secret for over 100 years. And so it should have been, if only to save face for the corrupt and hated colonial establishment of the day. This then is the fascinating tale, told for the first time, of the romantic and extraordinary villain they called Mad Dog Morgan.
- Beaten, branded, brutalized, but never broken.
- Ferociously violent - unexpectedly kind. Ruthless bandit or rebel hero? An outlaw's outlaw with a score to settle.
- The true story of the legendary Mad Dog Morgan... a jolting chapter in history.