From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
- Released in 1973 | Color
- Running Time: 92 Min.
- Distribution Co: American International Pictures
- Directed by: Chris Christenberry
- Starring: Angel Tompkins, Billy Curtis, Jerry Maren, Frank Delfino, Felix Silla
- Produced by Albert Band
- Original Music by Harry Betts
- Cinematography by John M. Stephens
- Film Editing by Eve Newman
Also Known As
- La Gang dei bassotti (Italy) | Krótkie cygara (Poland) | The Little Cigars Mob
- ...are hazardous to your health!
Little Cigars is a film released in 1973 by American International Pictures about a gang of little people who team up with a gangster's mistress, played by Angel Tompkins, to go on a crime spree. It was directed by Chris Christenberry. "Cleo," the gangster's mistress, was played by Tompkins shortly after her Golden Globe nomination (for 1970's I Love My Wife) and appearance in Playboy magazine (an off-shoot of her role in Prime Cut opposite Lee Marvin and Gene Hackman). The film also features Billy Curtis and Jerry Maren, both of whom played Munchkins in the Wizard of Oz. The film was also released in the United States as The Little Cigars Mob. (Wikipedia)