Lialeh: Original Soundtrack
From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
Forget foreplay, baby, the main event is here! Light In The Attic proudly presents the soundtrack to Lialeh, the first major African American porn movie and final word in soulful shagging music. Bryan Records released this Shaft-era classic in 1974, and since then it’s been harder to find than a honky in Harlem. Legendary drummer Bernard “Pretty” Purdie composed, produced and performed Lialeh’s score, while between projects with Curtis Mayfield, Aretha, The Last Poets, The Rolling Stones, James Brown…
Music fans have long looked to Lialeh for seven original Purdie tracks, his first as writer/composer, untempered by the A&R’s who guided his records for Flying Dutchman, Date, Prestige and Mega. To snag a copy of Lialeh, you could spend more than $600 on eBay.
- First vinyl reissue – classic repressed!
- Liner Notes by Egon (Now Again, Stones Throw Records)
- Housed in a deluxe Stoughton “tip-on” jacket
- A1 Lialeh 5:30 • A2 Touch Me Again 4:25 • A3 Conscious 4:10 • A4 Easy 4:30
- B1 All Pink On The Inside 4:35 • B2 Pass Me Not 4:30 • B3 Hap'nin' 5:30