Kansas City Bomber/Fun Facts
From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
- Phil Ochs, the folksinger-songwriter, was originally approached to write a theme song for the film. His song was rejected, though. Ochs had A&M Records issue it as a single anyway.
- Writer Barry Sandler got Raquel Welch interested in this project by showing up on her doorstep and leaving a script with her personal assistant. He was attending UCLA film school at the time.
- Raquel Welch broke her wrist while rehearsing.
- Judy Arnold, women's captain of the Philadelphia Warriors Roller Games team, doubles for Raquel Welch's in the skating sequences. She also has a small speaking role in a dressing room scene. She had to wear a long wig for the skating scenes, covering her short blond hair.
- Raquel Welch performed most of her own stunts.