It Came From Outer Space
From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
It Came From Outer Space (1953, USA) is a Science Fiction film directed by Jack Arnold
- Synopsis: An astronomer and his fiancee who are stargazing in the desert when a large fiery object crashes to Earth. At the crash site, he discovers an alien spacecraft just before it is completely buried by a landslide. When he tells this story to the local sheriff and newspaper, he is branded a crackpot. Before long, strange things begin to happen, and the tide of disbelief turns hostile.
- Contents: Watch Trailer | Film Review | Blu Ray | Fun Facts
- Released in 1953
- B &W
- Running time: 81 min.
- Production Co: Universal-International
- Distribution Co: Universal-International
- Directed by Jack Arnold
- Produced by William Alland
- Screenplay by Harry Essex, Story by Ray Bradbury
- Starring Richard Carlson, Barbara Rush, Charles Drake, Joe Sawyer, Russell Johnson
- Music by Herman Stein
- Cinematography by Clifford Stine
- Edited by Paul Weatherwax
- Terror In 3-D... Reaching From The Screen To Seize You In Its Grasp!...
- Thrills That Almost Touch You! through the magic of 3-DIMENSION
- Amazing sights the human eye has never before seen!
- Fantastic sights leap at you!
- NOTHING LIKE THIS HAS EVER HAPPENED BEFORE! (original print ad - all caps)
- THE OUTER SPACE ROCKET SHIP! THE THUNDERING AVALANCHE! (original ad - all caps)
- XENOMORPHS INVADE OUR WORLD! They can look like humans or change to objects of awesome terror!
- From Ray Bradbury's great science fiction story!
- Amazing Sights Leap at You in 3-DIMENSION
- Amazing! Exciting! Spectacular!
- A helicopter's churning blades whirl inches from your head!
- In scientifically perfected, eye-resting, full sepia Monocolor!