From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
Godzilla aka Gojira (1954, Japan) is a Kaiju film directed by Ishirô Honda. It is a direct prequel to Godzilla Raids Again and was recut for the American audiences as Godzilla: King of The Monsters in 1956.
- Contents: Godzilla (1954) Review | Available DVDs | Blu Ray | Fun Facts
- You Might Also Like: Mothra | Rodan | Mighty Peking Man | King Kong Escapes | Tarantula | Village of The Giants | Them! | Godzilla 1985
- Released in 1954/ 1956 (American recut version) | B & W | Running Time: 98 min | USA:78 min (DVD)
- Produced & Distributed by Toho Co. | Embassy Pictures (1956) (USA theatrical)
- Directed by Ishirô Honda
- Written by Ishirô Honda, Shigeru Kayama, Takeo Murata
- Starring Akira Takarada, Raymond Burr (US Version), Momoko Kôchi, Akihiko Hirata, Takashi Shimura
- Produced by Tomoyuki Tanaka
- Original Music by Akira Ifukube
- Cinematography by Masao Tamai
- Film Editing by Kazuji Taira (as Yasunobu Taira)
Also Known As
- Gojira (Original Japanese Title) | Godzilla France / Hungary / International (English title) / Italy / Poland / USA | Godzilla - Der sensationellste Film der Gegenwart (Germany) (video title) | Godzilla - monstret från havet (Sweden) | Godzilla, to teras tou aionos (Greece) | Japón bajo el terror del monstruo (Spain) | Kaihatsu keikaku G (Japan) (working title) | Kaitei ni-man mairu kara kita daikaijû (Japan) (working title) | O Monstro do Oceano Pacífico (Portugal) | Godzilla, King of the Monsters (US Version)
- The legend begins....| The original, uncut Japanese version--never before released in the US! (2004 Rialto USA release) | Incredible, unstoppable titan of terror! | Mightiest monster! Mightiest melodrama of them all! | Civilization crumbles as its death rays blast a city of 6 million from the face of the earth! | A monster of mass destruction!