From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
Freaks (1932, USA) is a Thriller cult film directed by Tod Browning.
- Contents: Watch Trailer | Available DVDs | Comments | Poster Art | Press Kit | Fun Facts
- Featured on: TCM Underground
- Released in 1932 | Black & White
- Running Time: 64 Min.
- Production Co: Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer (MGM)
- Distribution Co: Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer (MGM) (1932) (USA) (theatrical) | Excelsior (1949) (USA) (theatrical) (re-release) | Joseph Brenner Associates (1970) (USA) (theatrical) (re-release)
- Directed by Tod Browning
- Written by Clarence Aaron 'Tod' Robbins, Al Boasberg, Willis Goldbeck, Leon Gordon, Charles MacArthur, Edgar Allan Woolf
- Starring Wallace Ford, Leila Hyams, Olga Baclanova, Roscoe Ates, Henry Victor, Harry Earles
- Produced by Tod Browning, Dwain Esper, Harry Rapf, Hildegarde Stadie, Irving Thalberg (uncredited)
- Cinematography by Merritt B. Gerstad (uncredited)
- Film Editing by Basil Wrangell (uncredited)
Also Known As
- Fenómenos (Uruguay / Venezuela) | A Parada dos Monstros (Portugal) | Dziwolagi (Poland) | Forbidden Love (USA) (informal title) | Freaks (Austria) | Freaks - La monstrueuse parade (France) | Freaks - Missgestaltete (Germany) (DVD box title) | Freaks - kummajaiset (Finland) (TV title) | Monstres (France) | Monstros (Brazil) | La Monstrueuse parade (France) | Nature's Mistakes (USA) (informal title) | La Parada de los monstruos (Spain) | La Parade des monstres (France) | Sirkusseurue (Finland) (informal title) | The Monster Show
- Can a full grown woman truly love a MIDGET?
- "We'll Make Her One of Us!" from the gibbering mouths of these weird creatures came this frenzied cry... no wonder she cringed in horror... this beautiful woman who dared toy with the love of one of them!
- The Strangest... The Most Startling Human Story Ever Screened... Are You Afraid To Believe What Your Eyes See?
- The Love Story of a SIREN, a GIANT, and a DWARF!