From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
Welcome To The How To Edit Your Page Tutorial
- For an overview of wiki code please See THIS PAGE
Before You Begin...
- MAKE SURE ALL FILMS ARE CLASSIC EXPLOITATION FILMS. If you arent sure what qualifies, please ask first
- Please feel free to add posters (800px wide), film stills/ads (create separate page linked from review) comments, original reviews, articles, general information & film trivia to the database.
- CLICK HERE TO UPLOAD FILES (Please Bookmark for future reference)
- If you are only writing a short description of a film (A paragraph), please open a Comments subpage. To do this, just follow the layout seen HERE (NOTE: Then Click Edit Page to see how the code is set up) . If someone has already posted a comment, just add an asterisk and post your comments under the previous one. Remember to add the Comments category link.
- If you are writing a full length film review (2-3 paragraphs or more), please begin with "Film Review" and sign your nickname and the date posted at the end.
- If you are posting Movie Trivia, please open a Fun Facts subpage like the one ON THIS PAGE. (Then, Click Edit Page to see the code set up). Remember to add a Fun Facts category link.
- If you are adding press materials (press book images, ads, DVD/VHS related images) open up a Press Kit subpage like the one ON THIS PAGE. (Click Edit Page to see the code set up). Remember to add a Press Kits category link.
- If you are adding posters, add a new page on the corresponding film page like the one HERE (Click Edit to see the code set up. Make sure not to make a subpage, as the poster pages are separate). If there is no film page yet, just open a new separate page. (SEE HOW TO CREATE A NEW REVIEW PAGE BELOW). Make sure to add the year with the title: Example: Piranha (1977) to keep it separate from its film review page. Please keep the size approx 400 (width) X 600 (height). Also, please make sure the posters do not show any printed website promotional stamping. Remember to add a Posters category link when you're finished.
How To Create A New Review Page
- MAKE SURE TO DO A SEARCH AND CHECK THAT THERE IS NOT A REVIEW PAGE ALREADY OPEN!! IF THERE ISN'T ONE THEN:
- 1. GOTO MAIN PAGE
- 2. ENTER THE TITLE OF THE FILM AT THE END OF THE GCDb URL: Example:
- 3. CLICK RETURN
- 4. A NEW PAGE WILL APPEAR. (CLICK THE EDIT LINK)
- 5. ADD YOUR REVIEW, SCREENCAPS, OTHER INFO AND THE APPROPRIATE CATEGORY LINKS AT THE BOTTOM.
- 6. SAVE PAGE.
- YOU DID IT! YOUR REVIEW PAGE IS NOW IN THE DATABASE!
- NOTE: FOR GUIDANCE, JUST GOTO A PREMADE REVIEW PAGE, CLICK EDIT AND COPY & PASTE THAT LAYOUT
- If you are adding a film title thats not already listed, please add the following in your review page (in this order):
- SEE THE Icon Directory for correct country icon codes.
Also Known As
- Any alt titles for the film
- Taglines for movie.
- Release Year
- Color or B&W
- Running Time
- Distribution company: name of theatrical distributors (US/Europe/Canada etc)
- Production Co.: Name of Production company
Cast and Crew
- Writer (s)
- Your review here
(NOTE: Place any film icons directly above your written review. Make 1 space between the icons and your review). SEE THE Icon Directory for correct codes.
- If a sequel, place the prequel title link.
- If a prequel, add the sequel title link.
- If your film is featured on a DVD trailer compilation or documentary, add the film title link. If its a post Grindhouse film (approx 1988 - present), link directly to IMDB.
- What other films are your movie referenced by?
- To add a new DVD page, place the following code in your review:
- Copy the following DVD page layout: Deliverance/DVD
- To add a new DVD box set page, open a new page (see directions above) and use this page for example layout: Bikers From Hell Triple Feature.
- If you would like to add DVD screencaps to your review page, simply upload them. The size should be approx. 300 (width) X 150 (height) pixels.
Add the following to the bottom of the review page in brackets [[ ]]:
- Category: YEAR OF RELEASE
- Category: Films
- Category: Reviews
- Category: FILM GENRE (Ex: Blaxploitation) If it has more than one genre, you can add two or 3 separate categories: (Ex: Blaxploitation...Crime).
- Category: SUBGENRE (Ex. Women In Prison)
- Category: COUNTRY OF ORIGIN (USA etc)
- Category: DIRECTOR
- Category: STAR (if a legendary actor/actress)
- Category: Composer
- PLEASE USE THIS SAMPLE PAGE AS REFERENCE FOR YOUR PAGE LAYOUTS: Rolling Thunder.