Dracula Has Risen From the Grave/Fun Facts
From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
- Actor Ewan Hooper was dubbed.
- Hammer stalwart Terence Fisher was due to direct this until he was forced to bow out following an automobile accident, leaving cameraman Freddie Francis at the helm.
- This was the very first movie to receive a rating from the MPAA in 1968.
- Christopher Lee loved to recount the following tale: Hammer was given a Queen's Award to Industry while shooting the final scenes of Dracula impaled on the rocks, with a group of British government dignitaries watching as Lee thrashed around screaming and pouring with gore. After the scene wrapped, a minister turned to wife and said, "That man is a member of my club."
- This was Hammer Studios's most profitable film.