Dirty Mary Crazy Larry
From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
- Contents: Watch Trailer | Film Review | Available DVDs, BluRay releases & Blu Rays double feature | Poster Art | Press Kit | Fun Facts
- Released in 1974 | Color
- Running Time: 93 Min.
- Production Co: Academy Pictures Corporation
- Distribution Co: Twentieth Century-Fox Film Corporation (1974) (USA) (theatrical)
- Directed by John Hough
- Written by Leigh Chapman, James H. Nicholson, Antonio Santean
- Starring Peter Fonda, Susan George and Adam Roarke
- Produced by Norman T. Herman, Mickey Zide, Susan Hart, James H. Nicholson
- Cinematography by Michael D. Margulies
- Film Editing by Christopher Holmes
- There's nothin they won't try! | They don't call them that for nothing. | PETER FONDA drivin' hard!! SUSAN GEORGE ridin' easy!! | No one's faster than Crazy Larry, except Dirty Mary!
A down on his luck race car driver named Larry (Peter Fonda) and his friend/mechanic Deke (Adam Roarke) rob a supermarket in hopes to get enough money to build a dream race car, which they plan on using to win on the NASCAR circuit. Larry's latest fling, Mary (Susan George) ends up tagging along with the two petty criminals and that's when all the outrageous fun begins. This film is filled with amazing car stunts and thrilling high speed chases. The dialogue is sharp, witty and hilarious and it co-stars Vic Morrow as the head of the police force who is chasing the three outlaws down. A classic 70s carsploitation-crime film.