Die Sister, Die!
From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
- Released in 1972 | Color
- Running Time: 82 min (video version)
- Production Co: Project Blue
- Distribution Co: Cinema Shares International Distribution (1978) (USA) (theatrical)
- Directed by Randall Hood
- Written by William Hersey, Tony Sawyer
- Starring Jack Ging, Edith Atwater, Antoinette Bower, Kent Smith, Robert Emhardt, Bert Santos
- Produced by Geoffrey Beaumont, Randall Hood
- Original Music by Hugo Friedhofer
- Cinematography by Michael Lonzo
Also Known As
- The Companion
- Go ahead and SCREAM AMANDA - it can't help you now!
Edward (Jack Ging) is tired of the "allowance" granted him by his sister, Amanda (Edith Atwater) and becomes impatient for her death, and his inheritance. To hasten her demise, or at least stop her suicides from being thwarted, Edward hires a discredited ex-nurse, Esther (Antoinette Bower) to watch over her. Esther is less than enthusiastic about killing the old woman, though, and is curious about the secrets held in the house, including a mysterious third sister, Nell. The film's score was composed by Hugo Friedhofer, and performed by the National Philharmonic Orchestra conducted by Carl Brandt. It was Friedhofer's final movie work. The film was remade in 2013 starring Brinke Stevens as "Amanda Price". (Wikipedia)