Dawn Of The Dead/Locations
From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
- Name: The Monroeville Mall Shopping Center
- Founder: Oxford Development Company
- Opened: 1969
- Location: Monroeville, PA.
- Monroeville Mall is a two-level, enclosed shopping mall in Monroeville, Pennsylvania, east of Pittsburgh. It is located near the junction of I-376 and I-76. It sits on 170 acres (0.7 km²) and has 1,128,747 square feet (104,864 m²) of leaseable space on two floors.
- It was developed by Oxford Development Company, the property was acquired in 2004 for $232 million by CBL & Associates Properties, Inc., a REIT based in Chattanooga, Tennessee. Recently, the mall finished a remodeling project to compete with several newer, more luxurious malls in the Pittsburgh area. It is one of two CBL malls owned in the Pittsburgh area, the other being Westmoreland Mall in Greensburg. Both malls are marketed together through various media outlets.
- Dawn Of The Dead was shot in the Monroeville Mall during the winter.
- The Monroeville Mall holds an annual zombie walk marathon.
- The Monroeville Mall has become a tourist attraction where people from all over the world come to visit.