Countdown to Kung Fu/Fun Facts
From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
- Jackie Chan knocked himself out while doing a stunt.
- This was the first movie in which Jackie Chan, Sammo Kam-Bo Hung, and Biao Yuen ("the Three Brothers") appeared together. They all attended the same opera school in Hong Kong and worked on several more movies, including the highly successful "Lucky Stars" film franchise.
- DIRECTOR CAMEO: (John Woo): Plays the scholar defended by the three heroes.
- According to rumor, Jackie Chan's role was originally intended for a South Korean actor, but Writer and Director John Woo thought the South Korean was too old and slow, and so fired him and brought in Chan instead. However, this story is contradicted in the new DVD commentary, as Fight Choreographer Sammo Kam-Bo Hung is quoted as saying Jackie was in from the beginning.
- This was one of Writer John Woo's first movies as a director. He's listed as "John Y. Woo" in the credits.
- Jackie Chan, Sammo Kam-Bo Hung, and Biao Yuen do not share any scenes together in this movie. Yuen only plays a minor part as a guard, while Chan and Hung play supporting roles as the hero's friend and villain's right-hand man, respectively.