From The Grindhouse Cinema Database
- Contents: Watch Trailer | Available DVDs | Blu Ray | Review | Poster Art | Soundtrack | Press Kit | IMDB
- Included in: Quentin Tarantino's Top 20 | GCDb Top 20 | The Baadasssss Blaxploitation Top 20
- Featured on: TCM Underground
- Released in 1973
- Running Time: 91 min | Germany: 84 min
- Production Co: American International Pictures (AIP)
- Distribution Co: American International Pictures (AIP) (1973) (USA) (theatrical)
- Directed by Jack Hill
- Written by Jack Hill
- Starring Pam Grier, Booker Bradshaw, Robert DoQui, William Elliott, Allan Arbus, Sid Haig
- Produced by Salvatore Billitteri, Robert Papazian, Samuel Z. Arkoff
- Original Music by Roy Ayers
- Cinematography by Paul Lohmann
- Film Editing by Chuck McClelland
- No one sleeps when they mess with Coffy!
- They call her Coffy and she'll cream you!
- She's the "GODMOTHER" of them all.
- The Baddest One-Chick Hit-Squad that ever hit town!
- She had a body men would die for - and a lot of them did!
According to writer/director Jack Hill, the project began when American International Pictures head of production, Larry Gordon, lost the rights to the film Cleopatra Jones after making a handshake deal with the producers. Gordon subsequently approached Hill to quickly make a movie about an African American woman's revenge and beat Cleopatra Jones to market. Hill wanted to work with Pam Grier with whom he had worked on The Big Doll House (1971).